Sebaceous cysts treatment in Patiala
- Sebaceous Cysts are small, painless, slow-growing, non-cancerous bumps beneath the skin. They contain liquid or semi-liquid material and are mostly found on the face, neck, or torso areas.
- There are no specific instructions to be followed before the procedure of Sebaceous cysts treatment in Patiala.
- This is an invasive procedure that usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the size and type of cyst. It is performed by the treating doctor with a nurse assisting at all times.
- You will be asked to sign a consent form. You are settled comfortably in an area where your privacy is respected throughout the procedure.
- The site of the cyst is exposed and the rest of the body is covered with a bedsheet/blanket. The site is cleaned with Betadine solution.
- Local anesthesia is administered via injection by a doctor. The doctor makes an incision at the site and removes the cyst from the underlying tissue.
- The cyst sample is sent to the laboratory for a biopsy. The site is disinfected again and sutured if the cyst is not infected. In the case of Infected Sebaceous Cyst, Incision and drainage did and dressing will be done. Finally, the area is covered with a waterproof dressing. You must come back to OPD after a week for dressing and suture removal daily in case of dressing.
- Post-procedure, you may be advised pain killers & antibiotics. The site has to be kept dry and not wetted till the area has healed. You may sponge bathe. In case you observe soakage or bleeding from the site, contact your doctor immediately. There are no dietary restrictions after the procedure and you may resume normal activities. Post the procedure, biopsy reports are issued after three days.
Book an appointment at Manipal Hopitals to know more about treatment with the help of best doctors now.